Hayle is a port town at the mouth of the Hayle River and is approximately seven miles (11 km) northeast of Penzance. This profile of Hayle Highlanes Bible Christian Chapel has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.   The chapel sat on a site opposite what is now Hayle Academy. A Bible Christian Chapel is recorded here…Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – Hayle Highlanes Bible Christian Chapel”

Hayle is a port town at the mouth of the Hayle River and is approximately seven miles (11 km) northeast of Penzance. This profile of Hayle Phillack Church Hall (Methodist Sunday school) has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.   Fore Street (Phillack Church Hall). The body of the building is C18 constructed of scoria (copper slag)…Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – Hayle Phillack Methodist Sunday school”

Hayle is a port town at the mouth of the Hayle River and is approximately seven miles (11 km) northeast of Penzance. This profile of Hayle Methodist Chapel has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.   Situated at 6 Chapel Hill We hope that the use of this photograph is permitted. 1974: Opened and replaces Highlanes, Foundry,…Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – Hayle Methodist Chapel”

Hayle is a port town at the mouth of the Hayle River and is approximately seven miles (11 km) northeast of Penzance. This profile of Hayle Mount Pleasant Teetotal Methodist Chapel has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.   Built in 1843 as a Teetotal Methodist chapel and later becoming a Free United Methodist chapel 1871, at…Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – Hayle Mount Pleasant Teetotal Methodist Chapel”

Hayle is a port town at the mouth of the Hayle River and is approximately seven miles (11 km) northeast of Penzance. This profile of Hayle Foundry Wesleyan Chapel has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.   Located in Chapel Terrace. The Wesleyan Terrace was built at Foundry in 1845 for the Foundry workers with an attached school…Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – Hayle Foundry Wesleyan Chapel”

St Martin-in-Meneage is a village in the Meneage district of the Lizard Peninsula five miles (8 km) south-southeast of Helston. This profile of St Martin in Meneage Wesleyan Chapel has been compiled by Terry Moyle.   Richard Polwhele (Vicar of Manaccan 1794-1821) tells a strange story about an event that took place in St. Martin Parish Church one Sunday…Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – St Martin in Meneage Wesleyan Chapel”