Knave-Go-By (also known as Knave-go-bye or Knave Go By) is a village located on the outskirts of Camborne. This profile of Knave-Go-By Wesley’s Tree has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.   The origin of its name has been subject to speculation. It refers to an incident involving the founder of the Methodist church,…Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – Knave-Go-By Wesley’s Tree”

Knave-Go-By (also known as Knave-go-bye or Knave Go By) is a village located on the outskirts of Camborne. This profile of Knave-Go-By Wesleyan Mission Room has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.   Located to the west of Beacon. Close to Beacon is the hamlet of Knave-go-By and, although but a stone’s throw…Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – Knave-Go-By Wesleyan Mission room”

Croft Mitchell is a hamlet in the parish of Camborne, southeast of Troon. This profile of Croft Mitchell Wesleyan Chapel has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.   A Wesleyan Methodist chapel is recorded on the 1st Edition 1:2500 1880 OS Map at this location to the north of Croft Mitchell. By 1907…Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – Croft Michell (Michael / Mitchell) Wesleyan Chapel”

Copper Hill is south of Troon. This profile of Copper Hill Methodist Meeting House has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.   It should also be recorded that the place called Copper Hill, on the rising ground above Plantation, once also possessed a Methodist meeting house, but very little is known about it….Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – Copper Hill Methodist Meeting House”

This profile of the proposed St Uny Methodist Chapel was compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.   It was to be built near the ancient St Uny chapel at Metheruny House, southeast of Wendron. From the Greek road, take a west turn to Metheruny. The location is no longer accessible by turning north so…Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – Proposed St Uny Methodist Chapel”

King Street is in the western part of Reduth. This profile of Mission Hall – King Street Chapel or Mr Wilson’s chapel has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.   The Mission Hall was possibly related to Methodism but its work was available to all. Located in King Street, near the junction with…Continue Reading “Mapping Methodism – Mission Hall – King Street Chapel, Redruth (Mr Wilson’s chapel)”