The Looe Chapels have been profiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.
A nonconformist chapel, constructed c1841, at this location in East Looe is recorded on the 1st and 2nd Editions of the 1:2500 1880 and 1907 OS Maps. Still extant but now a Masonic Hall (b1) (Heritage Gateway)
This two-storey stone-fronted converted chapel has masonic symbols over the double front door.
Located at the top of Tower Hill where it meets Barbican Hill and East Cliff.
1841: Build date.
Built as a United Methodist Free Church. (Heritage Gateway).
1907: The Methodist New Connexion, Bible Christians and United Methodist Free Churches amalgamated to become the United Methodist Church.
1907: Became a United Methodist Church.
1918-1919: Chapel sold. (documents of sale)
It is presumed the congregation joined the United Methodist Church in West Looe.
1841-1878: Change of use to a Masonic Hall.