Carn Marth is an ancient hill to the southeast of Redruth. This profile of Carn Marth Primitive Methodist Chapel has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.
Now only accessible on foot from Old Sandy Lane or from a track to the south.
A Primitive Methodist chapel to the east of Sandy Lane is recorded on the 1st Edition 1:2500 1880 OS Map. A building is shown on the 2nd Edition 1907 OS Map but is not labelled. Shown as a house on the current Mastermap and 2005 Aerial Imagery. (Cornwall Council Heritage Gateway)
1860: Build date to the east of old Sandy Lane. (SWChurches)
Built as a Primitive Methodist chapel. (SWChurches)
Joseph Morcom, then an engine man at Ting Tang mine, became a fervent Primitive Methodist. He joined Lanner Moor Primitive Methodist chapel in 1831 and later became Sunday School Superintendent at Carn Marth Primitive Methodist chapel. https://morcom.one-name.net/SocialOrganisations.html
1907: No longer shown on maps and it is thought that the chapel may have already closed.
1932: The Wesleyan, Primitive Methodist and the United Methodist Church amalgamated to become the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
1934: All six existing or former Lanner area chapel congregations: Wesleyan Chapel, Primitive Methodist Chapel, Bible Christian Chapel, Carn Marth / Sandy Lane Primitive Chapel, South Downs Chapel and Trevarth Wesleyan Chapel, amalgamated at Lanner (Wesleyan) Chapel to become Lanner Methodist Chapel. https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC75971_church-micro-10946-lanner-methodist-church?guid=015f5546-74c3-4026-bcf6-6bf664831f22