Lowertown-by-Helston is a large hamlet in Sithney civil parish, bordering Wendron parish, in Cornwall, United Kingdom. The hamlet is one mile north of the centre of the town of Helston and is built around the River Cober. This profile of Lowertown Wesleyan Chapel has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.
Continue north from Lower Town to Tregannock Mill and the Wesleyan Chapel is on the left after the turn to Gwavas Hill.
A photo on the Historic England website shows a Circa mid-19th century mill to the right of this building and later maps show it built next door.
Pre 1877: Build date.
1877: Appears on maps.
The congregation possibly moved to the nearby UMFC.
1908: No longer shown on maps although it may be the adjoining house called Anvower Mill.