Newbridge is a hamlet in the civil parish of Madron on the Penwith peninsula in west Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is on the A3071 road between St Just and Penzance, about three miles west of the latter. Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell have compiled this profile of Newbridge Primitive Methodist Chapel.
It is not known where the chapel was located.
1835: Founded. (West Penwith Resources)
Seating for 120. (West Penwith Resources)
1851: Jos. Jenkins was steward. (West Penwith Resources)
The return from the Primitive Methodist chapel to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by the steward, Josh Jenkins. It can be seen that the chapel seated 130 with room for a further 20 standing. On Census Sunday 50 people attended a service that was held in the afternoon.
There appears to be no mention of this chapel in the newspapers nor anything much elsewhere.
It is not known what happened to this chapel but there is a ‘garage’ that has an older chapel feel to it.