Falmouth is a town, civil parish and port on the River Fal on the south coast of Cornwall. This profile of Waterside Wesleyan Chapel has been compiled by Jo Lewis.
Turn almost opposite King Charles Church into a narrow lane signposted Old Chapel Yard. At the end was a granite chapel built in the 1800s, known as Waterside Chapel (Wesleyan), with an address on Chapel Court off Church street.
Falmouth Waterside Wesleyan Chapel (Photo: Jo Lewis 2021)
The site of a chapel dating to the 18th and 19th centuries is recorded by the Fal Estuary Historic Audit. (Cornwall Council Heritage Gateway)
The build date is unknown but the Cornwall Council Heritage Gateway suggest that it dates from the 18th century.
Just after the second world war the well-known author Howard Spring bought the old chapel and yard and sold Old Chapel Yard in 1952.
For several decades it was the site of a self-drive boat hire business then sailing school.
1970s: Became a dwelling.
Converted into three flats. “Gallants is one of three flats in a converted chapel right at the water’s edge with a magnificent, panoramic view over Falmouth’s inner harbour. Just off Church Street…” (Simply Sea Views)