Chacewater is a village situated approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) east of Redruth. This profile of the Wesleyan Chapel on Kerley Hill has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.
A Wesleyan Methodist chapel is recorded at this location to the east of Chacewater near Kerley Paddock on the 1st Edition 1:2500 1880 OS Map. By 1907 the building shown on the 2nd Edition OS Map. It is still extant but no longer labelled as a chapel. The current Mastermap shows a dwelling named ‘Rosemullion’ and the 2005 Aerial Imagery shows the dwelling has been extended on the north side.. (Cornwall Council Heritage Gateway)
Old maps show a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel that could be accessed from a left turn off Kerley Hill (what is now Trelawney Road onto and through the Housing Estate). It was also accessible from the East. The connection between the two is now a footpath so the East access is needed but it is simply a lane to the house.
(Photo: Jo Lewis 2021)
1880: There is a small chapel up Kerley Hill on the left. (old-maps. co.uk)
Probably closed before 1907. (Cornwall Council Heritage Gateway)
1907: No longer marked on maps.
1907: The building is different on maps and the chapel was located further back suggesting that it was demolished and a house built.