Lower Quarter is a little west of Crowlas on the way to Ludgvan. This profile of Lower Quarter Primitive Methodist Chapel has been compiled by Jo Lewis and Tony Mansell.
There are reports of a Primitive Methodist Chapel here although there is confusion in the research with the better known Cockwells Chapel.
Ludgvan Primitive Methodist society existed from 1830 to 1880.
Non-Conformist. The Wesleyan Methodists had a large chapel at Crowlas, a chapel at Whitecross built in 1858, another at Trenowin, Newtown and Canonstown. The Primitive Methodists had chapels at Lower Quarter, Cockwells (built in 1858), and Boswase. The Bible Christians had a chapel at Batreva. (Genuki)
1837: Thought to have been founded but also recorded as Ludgvan chapel.
Chapel location is lost.
Sunday 16th September 1838: Opening of the Lower Quarter chapel. (West Briton)
On Sunday last, a New Primitive Methodist chapel was opened for divine worship at Lower Quarter, in the parish of Ludgvan, by the Rev. Messrs. Perry, Wigley, and Driffield. The congregations were much larger than the chapel could contain, and the collections were liberal.
Seating for 186.
1851: William Reseigh was steward.
1850-1852: Accounts, Lower Quarter Friendly Society, Ludgvan. (Kresen Kernow P129/16b/2) Possible the Primitive Chapel.
Closure date not known.