Whitestreet is a lane leading from the Mithian Downs Road in St Agnes Parish. This profile of Whitestreet Wesleyan Meeting House was compiled by Clive Benney and Tony Mansell.
We have no dates for when this was built or when the Society first existed.
Whitestreet Wesleyan Methodist chapel is recorded on the 1st and 2nd Edition 1:2500 1880 and 1907 OS Maps. The Mastermap shows some walls surviving.
The old chapel located in Whitestreet – a lane on the Mithian Downs road (Photo: courtesy Tony Mansell)
1888 to 1895: The Preachers’ Plan included the tiny Chapel at White Street, Mithian Downs. Neither held regular meetings and in the case of White Street, either the St Agnes or the Bolingey Trap was available.
1900s early: Still in use as a place of worship.
Included on the Wesleyan Methodist Church – North Cornwall Mission preachers’ plan for October 1907 to January 1908.
It later became a farm building and still exists. (2020)