Skinner’s Bottom is a hamlet near Mount Hawke and Porthtowan. There is little known about this Bible Christian chapel but it appears to date from the 1820s. This profile has been compiled by Clive Benney and Tony Mansell.
1827: Lease of ½ acre of land from the Manor of Goonearl (unknown location). The period was for 99 years with four shillings rent and “with full and free liberty to erect and build any meeting house or houses to be wholly used for Religious Worship by the people denominated Methodists.” (Shaw Methodist collection)
There are some assumptions made here including the denomination history.
Circa 1932 : Chapel closed and converted to dwelling. (2)
(2) David Easton