Mount Hawke is a village approximately eight miles west-northwest of Truro, five miles north-northeast of Redruth and two and a half miles south of St Agnes. This profile has been compiled by Clive Benney & Tony Mansell.
1834: First Mount Hawke Society probably formed. (1)
1834 – 9th August: William Driffield preached. (1)
1835: “… at Mount Hawke there was a piece of ground on which to build a chapel, the trustees being John Kemp and Thos Morcom of Carnmarth, Sam Trevena from Redruth Highway, ? George from Illogan Highway and two Daveys of Mount Hawke. (1)
1836: Chapel rent of 7/6 being paid. (1)
1839: “Lime and window blinds for Mount Hawke Chapel 3/0” (1)
1842: Society closed. (1)
1845: Society re-formed. (1)
1847: Society closed. (1)
The Society was always small in number.
- “Primitive Methodism in Cornwall” by J C C Probert