Camborne is a town in Cornwall. This profile of Trevenson Street Primitive Methodist Chapel, Camborne, has been compiled by David Thomas.
The Trevenson Street Primitive Methodist chapel at the junction of Trevenson Street and Stray Park Road.
The building was constructed in 1850 and opened in January 1851 but in 1859-1860 was further enlarged. It became a Methodist church in 1932 on Methodist Union. To the left is the Sunday School.
This picture shows a horse drawn outing of the choir members taken by W J Bennetts. The vehicle is facing west so this would possibly suggest a trip somewhere down in west Cornwall. One wonders how long they took to get there and return, with the vehicle being pulled by three horses? The date is probably in the later 1890s or early 1900s.
Today this house of divine worship is just a memory of older Camborne people, just like North Parade chapel. Pictures of this chapel are also very few and far between, with the site now occupied by residential accommodation.